Parts sales represent a good portion of the average dealer’s total revenue. It’s crucial that parts invoicing transactions are quick, smooth and accurate. The experience customers have at your parts counter will either make them a customer for years to come or drive them to the guy down the street. Commander creates accurate estimates and invoices with lightning fast speed allowing you to focus your attention where it belongs – on your customers.
We’ve found that many businesses start with a software system like QuickBooks that works great for financial management, but was not designed for a parts department in your industry. As a result, part numbers, descriptions and prices must be manually added before they are sold – these additions usually take place at the parts counter while your customers wait.
In an attempt to avoid manual parts entry in front customers, many dealers have spent countless hours adding part numbers and prices to their current system. But, they soon discover that all their prices are out of date and they still have to manually add special order parts they’ve never stocked before.
Commander gives you access to all OEM and aftermarket pricing and keeps this information up-to-date. When asked to special order an overhaul kit that you’ve never stocked before, just type in the part number and there is – with the highest current selling price.
Commander’s Parts Invoicing program will shorten your line at the parts counter, impress your customers and inject profit into your Parts Department. Check out some of the other Parts Invoicing features in Commander Software:
• Prices, extends, taxes, totals and prints a parts counter ticket in as little as 7 seconds!
• Permits emailing invoices and quotes.
• Interfaces to popular Electronic Catalogs – such as PartSmart© – permitting “tag & drop” of parts to an invoice.
• Invoices print to a narrow paper slip printer or laser printer.
• Handles multiple payments on a single ticket, such as cash, credit card, check, gift cards, etc.
• Handles and tracks layaway parts sales.
• Purchase orders are easily created for special ordered parts.
• Sends special order parts directly to a “PO” pad for editing and emailing/transmitting to vendors.
• Interfaces to X-Charge for direct high speed credit card processing.
• Invoice history is stored for every customer.
• Provides fast and efficient bar code processing and parts pricing.
• Parts pricing is fully customizable so you can create your own unique selling prices.
• Stores your customer information and calculates special discounts.
• Can link a picture of your customer directly to his customer record.
• Supports unlimited sales tax scenarios and all complex tax situations.