How it Works
How QuickBooks and Commander Work Together
- You should keep using QuickBooks for the finances of your OPE business, (receivables, payables, general ledger, payroll) replacing QuickBooks inventory and invoicing with Commander
- This is because the QuickBooks inventory system is weak and not designed for an OPE dealer. Commander can provide much-improved inventory and invoicing capability.
- Commander interfaces or connects to QuickBooks and pushes sales transactions created on the Commander side – to QuickBooks accounting – without any manual key entry.
- This integration permits an upgrade to Commander – the OPE industry specific software while you keep using QuickBooks for the financial portion of your business.
- The QuickBooks interface moves Commander invoice detail from Commander into QuickBooks, thus eliminating manual posting of parts invoices, RO’s and sales invoices.
Commander & QB – Work Well Together
Managing Inventory BETTER, for OPE Dealers
- Commander keeps complete parts books for Briggs & Stratton, Kohler, Toro, Club Cadet, Honda, Mahindra, Kawasaki, Kioti, Simplicity, Echo, etc. right on your computer. This means you won’t have to manually enter new parts when it’s time to special order.
- Unlike QuickBooks, Commander lets you enter unlimited items into inventory. Commander can store ALL of the part numbers available for ALL of your OPE suppliers!
- Parts pricing is automatically kept current over the internet so you won’t have to make manual price changes!
- Commander integrates with PartsSmart EPC
- EPC integration permits transferring pick lists from ARI to Commander – Automatically.
- Direct electronic PO uploading to vendor websites is available for many vendors
- Commander corrects all the QuickBooks problems associated with inventory and POS functions.
Reasons to Use QuickBooks for Financial Management
Reasons to Use QuickBooks for Financial Management:
- Chances are you use QuickBooks already for your accounting software
- QuickBooks holds 85% retail market share in small business accounting software.
- More accountants recommend QuickBooks than all other accounting software combined.
- QuickBooks has been pressure-tested by millions of small businesses and accountants,
- QuickBooks can be trusted to deliver a consistent and reliable performance
QuickBooks Key Features
- Affordable to purchase and update
- Fully integrated Receivables, Payables and General Ledger
- Ease of Support – Training available everywhere
- Manages Payroll & Taxes as well as General Ledger
- Flexible Accounts Receivable
- Imports and Exports Data
- Produces Consolidated Business View
- And . . . it will integrate with Commander software
Solving QB Problems
Limitations of QuickBooks are Corrected by Commander!
- QuickBooks Pro and Premier has a 14,500 inventory limit but Commander is unlimited!
- QuickBooks has no parts price file support meaning price changes must be done one part at a time – but Commander has automatic web-based parts price updates!
- QuickBooks does not integrate with Electronic Parts Catalogs like PartSmart but Commander integrates resulting in huge time savings and increased order accuracy.
- QB has no Flat Rate Labor guides integrated with POS and RO Billing